As an anti-foul, Biofoul provides an excellent alternative to toxic anti-fouling materials, including electrolytic processes, that produce unwanted levels of chlorine which can also cause serious corrosion problems.
Unlike many anti-foul materials, Biofoul forms a hard and durable surface, resistant to scuffing and high velocity water flow. This makes it ideally suitable for use on static constructions as well as pipework and other areas where flow velocity may be a consideration.
This three-pack synthetic material, hydrolysable polyester solution designed for application over a corrosion barrier coating – typically Corrocoat’s own Polyglass materials. It can be used as a gel coat for GRP construction and can be applied to plastic, concrete and wood.
- Stops marine growth fouling.
- Non toxic.
- Long life, heavy duty.
- Reduce maintenace cost.
- Not only use for anti fouling purpose but also for decorative and architectural use on building features such as domes and spires.
How it works.
- Conventional copper anti fouling paints use 20 to 30 % copper oxide. This dissolves continuously into seawater releasing toxic copper ions. This requires needs frequent re-coating to work.
- Biofoul only oxidizes when marine growth temporarily attaches and denies oxygen, creating copper oxide which then becomes toxic. This means dissolution of copper ions into the water occurs in minute amounts.
Biofoul product summary.
- Long life non-toxic anti-foul.
- Loaded with 70 % Copper metal as powder and flakes.
- Applied over Polyglass 100, fiberglass etc (not directly to steel).